Maybe Music Isn't Dead is the title of my blog for a very important reason. To me at least. Those are lyrics from a band Canadian band called Alexisonfire. That song is off of their sophomore album entitled, "Watch Out!". It features the kind of lyrics that you never forget. For example, "maybe music isn't dead" is from the song "Get Fighted". The song is all about the infiltration of the music industry, and how this type of music has mostly become about the fashion. Which is why I write this blog. It isn't about the clothes that you wear or the way you do your hair that defines what music you like. It is purely about the love for the music, and as Alexisonfire would put it, "This shit is about having a good fucking time."
People are way too focused on how they look these days. If you're a sports kid society tells you that you have to wear basketball shoes and nike shirts and if you're a scene kid society tells you to wear girl jeans and clothes from pacsun. This has been put in our faces so much that kids these days only care about the clothes, and not why they're wearing them. For example, I saw a girl the other day that I used to babysit wearing completely black with an Escape the Fate shirt. Her eyes were covered in black eye liner, and she looked at me and said, "Well sorry we have to go. We're going to A Devil Wears Prada concert tonight." Well I was completely fake to her and said have a good time, it should be sick. First of all. It is The Devil Wears Prada (I don't care if it is one word that throws the band off..she said it wrong) That girl probably doesn't know a single word they're singing, not a clue who the singer is, and doesn't know the names of the songs. It really bothered me because the 13 year old freshman was going to a hardcore show, because the clothes are cute, the boys are cute, the singer is cute. who gives a fuck. I'll go to a hardcore show in whatever I can find that is clean. I want to go because the band that I'm going to see makes good music, and I want to have "a good fucking time."
Who cares what you wear, how you look. Go to a concert because you love the music. Listen to music because you like what you hear.
It is all about the music kids. Its always about the music. NOT the fashion.
I totes magoats agree with this post! Life is all about being happy by doing doing what YOU want. Do want you want/love, what anyone else thinks/says about you doesn't matter. Just put a smile on and keep truckin'! I've never heard of the band Alexisonfire but I think I may start listening to them ha. My new favorite quote is "this shit is about having a good fucking time"
ReplyDelete