Sunday, March 21, 2010

this is the reason...

So this is my first post on here, and I hope it is sufficient. I started a blog on my myspace about two months ago, but recently started writing about things that I wanted a lot of people to see. This post is copied from an old one, but changed up a tad.
When I was a freshman in high school something hit me. An urge to listen to music that not everyone listened to. Stuff that you really had to search for in order to listen to it. That's when myspace music became my best friend. Through myspace music I learned about bands like anberlin, the almost, saosin, motion city soundtrack, etc. Since then I continue to listen to all that music, but including other genres as well. I've started listening to more and more hardcore bands. Bands like chiodos, a day to remember, the devil wears prada, stick to your guns, emmure, etc. I've relied on myspace music for so long, and to this day I continue to search for new music. For a while this is all I would do. Search, search, and search for new bands to listen to...but I've gotten terribly bored with the "hardcore" bands that I keep coming across. Hardcore now is mostly remixed techno beats with lots of screaming and the same high pitch voice that sings the chorus. Don't get me wrong...I listen to it too. I really like we came as romans, i see stars, and attack attack! But they're all the same.
So lately when going online to find new things to listen to, I aim for different alternative bands. Brand new is possibly my favorite band of all time. They're lyrics are nothing like I've ever heard before. It is something so original that I believe no one can be compared to them. Although I'd like to hear more things like brand new, I know I never will. So I've looked through their top friends and the bands that they've toured with to see who I may like. I've come across manchester orchestra, the features, passion pit, city and colour, and la dispute.
These bands don't sound the same by any means and it is a shame that they're not the focus of rock, alternative, and hardcore music these days. Instead of the same old band that is in every issue of AP Magazine. I recommend the listed bands to everyone. They all have a different sound and are beautiful in their own way.

1 comment: