Saturday, June 19, 2010

Just Greenery and Humid Air

Hellooooo summer time! I haven't written a blog in a while because I've been enjoying my summer too much. So far I've been to my cottage, the beach, BOMB fest, etc... So far nothing too eventful, but it's been relaxing and productive. I've been working a lot and seeing good friends.

I went to BOMB fest as I talked about in my last blog. It wasn't everything that I'd hoped, but I'm glad I went. I was put in ticketing and the info booth. So the whole time I scanned people's tickets, told them how to get to the bathroom, and find merch. I saw a ton of crazy indie people, weird cracked out adults, and some normal people too. I was hoping that I'd get to see some bands like Of Montreal and Mute Math but I just heard them from afar instead. After my shift was over I decided to just go home because my mom was making lobster, and I wanted to make it home for that.. I wish I could have stayed though, and really experience what BOMB is all about. Regardless it was a cool experience and I plan on doing more stuff like that in the future.

This summer I'm really excited to help out some friends with their band. It's called Aesthetic Waves, and it's a post-hardcore sort of band. I went to get coffee with one of the members, and we discussed how awesome it would be to do some real legit promoting for it, and try to get more shows and such. As of now I might be their new merch girl, but nothing is set in stone. He texted me yesterday, and they have been offered to play a show at a place in CT called "The Space", which is really sweet! I'm totally excited for them, and can't wait to see what comes out of this.

I guess this is what my blog will turn into this summer, a way for me to discuss the progress for Aesthetic Waves, and of course more music related events that happen for me this summer. Next up for "AW" will hopefully be a band meeting to talk about the future of the band, and speeding up progress. Who knows...but whatever happens will definitely be fun for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment